Thursday, August 30, 2007

watching paint dry .... and inspiration


OK, not literally watching.... but waiting patiently ;P



I went on a little excursion yesterday to the serigraphers' supplier here in the city and so now am testing a new fabric paint for a new line I'm working on.



So far things seem to be going well, and it looks promising ... but it seems I must wait a WEEK before I can wash it! ... And so until I can see that it survives the multiple wash test on different fabrics, this is going to have to stay another "in-the-works" project...


I'm pretty excited about the new designs though. I'm developing new motifs that are inspired by the beautiful modernist architecture here in Barcelona.

Everywhere you look there are amazing and intricate design details on the seemingly most ordinary of buildings.

And since working for an architectural photographer for a long time, when I first moved out here, my gaze often drifts up to the skyline rather than where i'm going!

... These are a few of the snapshots I've taken of things that have caught my eye.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

You're so lucky... Barcelona has such beautiful buildings! And of course Gaudi's work :)

deedeen said...

In my little swiss town there is a lot of Art Nouveau things, we are lucky too! Beautiful fabrics, can't wait to see what will come out!

Bee Skelton said...

Great blog! I'd like to put a link on my own then I can come back often to see what you're upto, if that's OK with you.

katsai said...

That'd be great Bee!

And thanks beakee and deedeen for also dropping by :) Gaudi's work IS amazing.... one of my favourite places in the city is Parc Guell. Have you been B?

And I bet your town is gorgeous, D, really does sound it! .... the wait for the paint to dry is up on wednesday, so hopefully they'll pass the wash test and i can get making :)

Unknown said...

The one hanging from the balcony is gorgeous! It must be wonderful to be so inspired...

Unknown said...

Yes I went to Parc Guell, loved it as I did all of Gaudi's work. It was really crowded though!

Kreativlink said...

Hola Katsai!
I have to ask you some questions about dying and painting fabric when I'm back. Want to be able to do that too!
But mabe I better should not start yet another thing ... *g*

katsai said...

haha, ask away Renate!! .... and i think you definately SHOULD take up something new ;P printed your own fabrics would look amazing with your already gorgeous journals!!!!

Hope you're having a great time :)